This morning did not go as planned. I had a plan. However, as so often happens, it got derailed by technology.
I have spent over 2 hours screwing around trying to get the comment editor to work.
I did a software update without checking it in my test blog. 😕 I really do know better than that. The result? The plugin that allows you to edit your comments for an hour after you post them, stopped working.
So 2 hours, a lot of trial and error, and a clean install later, I discovered the problem was related to IE 9. I got the software working in Chrome with no problems, and made the tweaks I needed to, but it took a lot of time and research to figure out where the problem originated from.
I just checked, and you can edit your comments in IE 9. IE 8 shouldn’t be a problem, since that’s the version of IE that the comment editor is designed for. (As well as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and I believe Opera.) The problem appears to be localized in the back end of the software, and only because I was using IE 9 at the time.
Technology. Can’t live with it, and now a days, can’t live without it.
The worst part is, I still have 4 software updates to do… 😥
And yes, I will be trying them on my test blog first. 😛
© 2012, Helen. All rights reserved.